The original recipe for this simple side dish came from the now defunct S. Anderson Vineyard in the Stag’s Leap district of the Napa Valley. This is a great side dish for almost any meal. It’s flavors go especially well with the Roast Chicken!
(Added: April 22, 2001)
- 16 oz. orzo pasta
- 1/2 C olive oil
- 1/4 C lemon juice
- Zest of 1 lemon, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 whole green onions, finely chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Parmesan cheese to taste
- Cook the orzo pasta using package directions (typically, 8-10 minutes in rapidly boiling water).
- While cooking, mix the other ingredients together.
- Drain and pour orzo back into pot or bowl. Mix in the other ingredients. Garnish with a bit of parmesan cheese and fresh ground pepper.
- Serve. It couldn’t be simpler!