Where I find inspirations…”standing on the shoulders of giants!” How about you? Please drop me a note and share your sources of inspiration!
- Sam Abell – “his best work is known for its transcendent qualities” – setting, expression, gesture – build your picture from the back to the front – the importance of microcomposition
- Jean-Michel Berts – High gradient black and white photography.
- Nick Brandt – Africa!
- John Paul Caponigro – Amazing creative variety!
- Henri Cartier-Bresson – The definitive street photographer!
- Jeff Conley – Beautiful black and white tonality!
- David duChhemin – Craft and Vision indeed!
- Michael Frye – Great workshops in Yosemite and elsewhere.
- Audran Gosling – Beautiful compositing!
- Jaime Ibarra – Beautiful post-processing. Offers private tutorials.
- Doug Kaye – Great friend and photo buddy on regular Bay Area excursions!
- Karen Klinedinst – Great landscape iPhonography!
- Mikko Lagerstedt – Mysterious and atmospheric photographs from Finland!
- Ken Light – Social documentary photographer at UC Berkeley
- Vivian Maier – Street photographer – be sure to check out this book of her photographs: Vivian Maier: Street Photographer
- Sally Mann
- Beth Moon
- William Neill – Yosemite beauty.
- David Nightingale – Great teacher!
- Bruce Percy – Beautiful and ethereal landscapes!
- Trey Ratcliff – Mr. HDR, fun photowalk leader and great entrepreneur.
- Brooke Shaden – A master of conceptual photography and image compositing.
- Ben Shahn (1898-1969) – Painter and friend of Walker Evens who introduced him to photography. A great New York City street shooter.
- Guy Tal – Beautiful images and writing!
- Ming Thein – Brings a very special quality to his images!
- Lee Varis – Be sure to check out Lee’s 10 Channel Workflow!
- Diane Varner – local photographer/stylist.
- Minor White – “He is remembered largely for his ideas about the spiritual in photography.”
- Art Wolfe – An artist with a great range of creative work.
I’ve taken a number of photo workshops over the last few years – including great sessions taught by:
- Dan Margulis – Applied Color Theory Workshop – a wonderful intense four day deep dive into enhancing images in Photoshop – September 2013, San Diego
- Chris Honeysett – North Beach, San Francisco
- Derrick Story – Safari West, Sonoma Coast
- Michael Frye – Yosemite, Eastern Sierras
- Harold Davis – Photoshop for Black and White
- Mark Lindsay – Lab color in Photoshop
- Kip Brundage – Cuba