Someone once said “A good man is known by his tools!” Here are mine – the tools that I most enjoy using and that I feel are worthy to recommend to my friends.
- Fujifilm X-E2 – Purchased in November 2013, the Fujifilm X-E2 is a great complement to the X100S. It offers removable lenses while using the same APS-C X sensor and menu system as the X100S. It also has similar external mechanical controls for shutter speed and aperture. See my images shot with the Fujifilm X-E2!
- My iPhone 5s – always in my pocket with a GREAT camera and great camera/photo applications! Checkout my VSCO Grid or my Instagram mobile photography posts.
- Fujifilm X100S 16 MP Digital Camera – Purchased in August 2013, this is my first rangefinder body. It’s sheer delight – a camera that works beautifully and, with its single fixed focal length lens, challenges my creativity. In the classic Leica spirit, Fuji did a superb job on this camera! See my images shot with the Fujifilm X100S.
- Nikon D600 24.3 MP CMOS FX-Format Digital SLR Camera with 24-85mm f/3.5-4.5G ED VR AF-S Nikkor Lens – Purchased in October 2012, this is my first Nikon camera body. I was particularly interested in the new sensor (made by Sony) in this camera – with an ability to handle a greater dynamic range of light. So far, I’m impressed – see my images shot with the Nikon D600.
- Canon PowerShot S100 – this camera goes with me almost everywhere (it’s tucked in my backpack). I’ve also owned and highly recommend the earlier versions in this series: Canon PowerShot S90 and Canon PowerShot S95.
- Canon EOS 5D Mark II – my “serious” camera. A great digital SLR for serious work – both image and video.
- Nikon 28-300mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR II AF-S Nikkor Zoom Lens for Nikon Digital SLR – The perfect street photography lens for Nikon DSLRS!
- Nikon 24-85mm f/3.5-4.5G ED VR AF-S Nikkor Lens – A great everyday lens. This lens was my everyday lens on my recent trip to Havana, Cuba.
- Nikon 85mm f/1.8G AF-S NIKKOR Lens
- Nikon 70-300mm f/4-5.6G AF Nikkor SLR Camera Lens
- Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L II IS USM Telephoto Zoom Lens
- Canon EF 24-105mm f/4 L IS USM Zoom Lens
- Canon EF 50mm f1.4 USM Lens
- Canon EF 28mm f/1.8 USM Wide Angle Lens
- Canon EF 85mm f/1.8 USM Medium Telephoto Lens
- Canon EF 135mm f/2L USM Lens
- Edward Weston: Life Work. Photographs from the Collection of Judith G. Hochberg and Michael P. Mattis.
- Robert Bueltman: The Unseen Peninsula
- Ansel Adams: The Camera (Ansel Adams Photography, Book 1), The Negative (Ansel Adams Photography, Book 2), The Print (Ansel Adams Photography, Book 3), Looking at Ansel Adams: The Photographs and the Man
- Michael Frye: Digital Landscape Photography: In the Footsteps of Ansel Adams, The Photographer’s Guide to Yosemite
- Vivian Maier: Vivian Maier: Street Photographer and Vivian Maier: Out of the Shadows
Photography Books and e-Books
- Ian Jeffery:
- Dan Margulis:
- Vincent Versace: From Oz to Kansas: Almost Every Black and White Conversion Technique Known to Man
- Trey Ratcliff’s Stuck In Customs (Save 10%)
- Trey’s eBook Bonus Bundle
- Digital Workflow for Photographers (Bonus Edition) (eBook by Trey Ratcliff)
- Beauty of Ambiguity (eBook by Trey Ratcliff)
- 10 Essential Photoshop Skills Everyone Should Know (eBook by Trey Ratcliff)
- 10 Principles of Beautiful Photography (eBook by Trey Ratcliff)
- William Neill Photography
- Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 5 – the anchor for my image library.
- VSCO Film – classic film emulation presets I use in Lightroom.
- Nik Software – Complete Collection
- Topaz Labs – Complete Collection
- Photomatix Pro – for some of my earlier HDR work.
- Trey Ratcliff’s Lightroom Preset Bundle – Some amazing Lightroom presents – worth studying as you create your own!
- Trey Ratcliff’s Photomatix Presets – Quick start presets for use with Photomatix HDR processing.
Photography Podcasts – see my post about my favorite photography podcasts!